July Fourth is the weekend in Summer where America comes together to grill hot dogs, drink beer, hang with friends and family, celebrate our independence and freedom and for the seventh year rolling, attend Deadhead Production’s Highberry Festival. Taking place June 30th through July 4th in a brand new location on the magical Mulberry Mountain in Ozark, AK, Highberry is set to be the premier bluegrass festival of the Midwest. Tickets are only $155 for 4 days and you can buy them HERE. Here are five reasons we are spending our 4th weekend at Highberry:
1. Mulberry Mountain: Home of beloved festivals such as Wakarusa and Harvest Festival, Mulberry Mountain is magic filled location in the middle of 1.2 million acres of the Ozark National Forest preserved by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1908. With that being said, Mulberry is THE dream festival spot. Surrounded by trees above the Mulberry River Valley, lined with hiking trails to waterfalls and offering plenty of shaded camping for those hot Arkansas Summer days, this location change for Highberry comes with many positives.
2. The Line up is SPOT ON: Featuring huge favorites Yonder Mountain String Band, Keller Williams, Papadosio, rarely touring Buckethead, Dopapod, Wookiefoot, TAUK, Jeff Austin Band, Kung Fu, Desert Dwellers, Kaminanda, Cornmeal, Jon Wayne & The Pain, Forgotten Space, That 1 Guy, The Magic Beans, Dirtfoot, Henry & The Invisibles, Friends of the Phamily and many many more, there is NO shortage of jamtastic, funkalicious, heart string pullin’, bluegrass strummin’ talent to make your heart and soul flutter into celebratory bliss.
3. Live Art Gallery + Interactive Installations: The added space to the festival playground this year means room for more creativity and live ART! For the first time, Highberry will host a featured artist gallery as well as interactive festival art to fuse festival attendees and beautiful works of art together. We are very excited to see what the ladies and gents at Deadhead Productions have up their creative sleeves for all the extra canvass space Mulberry provides.
4. Workshops Galore: Along with art, a variety of amazing workshops are on the schedule and you can be sure to find at least ONE that interests you. From varieties of yoga including acroyoga with Arkansas Circus Art, candlelight yoga, Bhakti Body Art yoga, Kundalini, to lots of meditation workshops like chakra meditation, mandala meditation and interplay lotus flower meditation. Aside from yoga and meditation, learn how to make your own herbal extractions, hair wraps & crochet, insect repellant, tie dye for adults, learn more about fungus amoungus and more. We sure are excited to learn, explore and discover more of our passions at Highberry this year.
5. The “Free Range Music Fan” Concept: We are super fans of this philosophy of live music going that Deadhead Productions holds. First off, Highberry is not separated into “GA” or “VIP,” because every fan is considered equally as important. Guests will be able to have their choice of where to camp once inside the venue (other than the limited RV Reserved sites), which means you can camp with friends and family in the shade with NO hassle. Another rad feature Deadhead has preserved is the attendees’ ability to bring a cooler of one’s beverage(s) of choice to the main stage in order to get comfortable and create a nice lil’ post up spot for you and your closest Phamily to use as home base throughout those long festival days. No more being herded into corrals like livestock, thanks Highberry and Deadhead Productions!