6. Last year at FFF marked the gloriously delicious comeback of Twinkies. There couldn’t have been a better way to celebrate than by having Twinkie the Kid himself at the festival throwing out creamy bites of goodness all weekend long. Who knows, maybe this year will see Butterfinger BB’s making a comeback. We can only hope.
5. November might seem like it’s quinessential for winter, but in Austin, TX it’s still summertime temps when this fest rolls around. So yes, you can still rock your cutest festie garb without having to cover up with some poor guy’s jacket later.
4. We’ve seen a lot of festivals, and one thing is for sure: shade never goes unappreciated. Auditorium Shores, which will be hosting FFF for the 4th year in a row, is an absolute gem when it comes to festival sites. Plenty of shade, calm terrain, and it’s nestled right along the edge of beautiful Lady Bird Lake.
3. In between seeing your favorite bands and DJs lay it down, there wil lbe plenty of time to hang out at the BMX ramps, whether’s you’re a skater in need of a sesh or just on the prowl for some eye candy, this rec area adds an awesome dynamic to FFF not seen anywhere else.
2. The return of the infamous taco cannon is one of the greatest things we’ve heard since… well, ever. This fine piece of machinery is the first and only invention of its kind and is specifically designed to shoot tacos up to 200 feet into the air. It’s the sort of thing you have to see to believe, but this is pretty damn close:
And last, but CERTAINLY not least….
1. JUDAS FUCKIN’ PRIEST will be making their return to Austin for the first time in nearly 30 years. Besides becoming a part of music history and being at the only show in the world that matters, your girlfriend might even be the groupie that convinces Rob Halford to come around these parts more often. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW.